No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - HAAS BEATS ISNER IN MARATHON MATCH 7-5 7-6 4-6 6-7 10-8 - Unbelievable. Definitely a strong case for match of the tournament. Neither player deserved to lose that match. Gutsy from both but Haas held his nerve when it mattered. How Haas recovered from throwing away a two set lead is testament to his incredible metnal strength. Bedtime now, then a fourth round match against Mikhail Youzhny who came through in straight sets earlier today against eighth seed Janko Tipsarevic.
- - HAAS 7-5 7-6 4-6 6-7 9-8 - What a moment. Tommy Haas, surely just moments away from caving in, has dug deep to break the formidable Isner serve. He will serve for a spot in the fourth round and, more importantly, is one game away from a well earned sleep.
- - HAAS 7-5 7-6 4-6 6-7 7-7 - Still all square. Surely Isner doesn't have another marathon in store for us. He should be banned from five set matches.
- - HAAS 7-5 7-6 4-6 6-7 6-6 - This one is going the distance. Unreal match. Given what is going on over on Philippe Chatrier, or not going on, it is a shame this match has snuck under the radar slightly. The tournament directors should quickly swap these guys with Djokovic and Dimitrov.
- - ISNER WINS FOURTH SET 7-6 (12-10) – What a tiebreak. Haas misses 10 (TEN!) match points and finally Isner powers through to take it. Unbelievable. Five set legend Isner is going the distance again. But before that both players are taking a well earned break. That was huge tennis.
- - ISNER WINS THIRD SET 6-4 - Well then. Isner is firmly back in this one as he gets his first serve belatedly up and running, not giving Haas even a sniff of a break point. Looks like he’s added a few big winners as well so this one could well go the distance. Which, as I'm sure you're all aware, is very much Isner territory.
- - HAAS WINS SECOND SET 7-6 - Haas needs a tie-break this time around, but Isner can not amongst his rival's serve. Too many unforced errors from the American have not helped, especially when Haas is not playing at his best either.
- - HAAS WINS FIRST SET 7-5 – We have got a break on Court One and it’s decided the first set as Tommy Haas breaks down the normally reliable John Isner serve. Isner wasn’t at his best in the opening set, with a fair whack of unforced errors. Long way to go still.
|Date of Birth||03/04/1978|
|Date of Birth||26/04/1985|