Premier League - Paper Round: Guardiola '100% joining City'

Former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola has already announced that he will return to management next season and, if rumours are to believed, Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini should be very concerned.

According to The Sun, Guardiola will disappoint the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea, Bayern Munich and AC Milan by making the Premier League champions his new home.

The paper quotes a 'top source in Spanish football' as saying: "It is 100 per cent certain that Guardiola is going to City this summer.

"And when I say 100 per cent, I don’t mean 99 per cent, I mean 100 per cent!"

Guardiola for his part said earlier this week about his sabbatical: "I will return (next season) because I am young, but I have been living the kind of life that I wanted and one that my family also deserved.

"It would show a lack of respect on my part to talk about any team that has a coach."

City's current coach Mancini would appear to be doomed though after their disastrous Champions League showing and their struggles to keep pace with city rivals United in the Premier League.

The Sun reports that if Guardiola does takes over at the Etihad he will be paid a staggering £10 million-a-year after tax.

To other rumours from the Sunday papers, and Liverpool are trying to hijack Wesley Sneijder's move from Internazionale to Turkish side Galatasaray, according to the Sunday People.

Liverpool could afford the £8.2 million transfer fee that it would take to sign the Dutch playmaker but wages are the stumbling block.

It is believed that Sneijder is keen on a move to the Premier League but not so much that he would take a cut on his current £160,000-a-week salary.

Nevertheless, the People claims that "Kop managing director Ian Ayre has been in talks with Liverpool’s Boston-based owners in the last 24 hours to see if a deal is feasible."

The Sunday Express claims that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is "resigned to losing" Gareth Bale in the summer.

Tottenham have a special agreement in place with Real Madrid, but they have told the Spanish giants they would expect a fee of £55m for Bale if they sold.

The Sunday Express also says that Tottenham could lose Schalke star Lewis Holtby, despite the half-English Germany international having already signing a pre-contract agreement with the London club.

Schalke are trying to sell Holtby in January so they can at least get some money for him, and the Express believes that means Holtby could move to Everton – the side he supported as a boy.

However, they also quote a Tottenham spokesman as saying: "He has signed an agreement to join us in the summer and that’s that. We don’t know what the Schalke people’s agenda is on this."

Aston Villa are blocking Darren Bent from joining their relegation rivals this month. Villa are in a relegation battle with interested parties Reading and QPR, while Fulham may also be deemed too close for comfort. (Sunday Mirror)

Ashley Cole intends to have talks with Manchester United this summer – meaning a move overseas is not the sure deal it looked. Real Madrid and Paris St Germain have both spoken to Cole’s representatives about signing the left-back when his Chelsea deal expires in the summer. (Sunday Mirror)

Reading are preparing an offer for the Celta de Vigo striker Iago Aspas as they seek a goalscorer who could keep them in the Premier League for more than one season. Aspas has been courted by the Swansea City manager, Michael Laudrup, and watched by a number of other top-tier clubs, but Reading believe a bid close to the player’s £8.3m buyout figure could prove decisive. (Sunday Times)

And finally, Newcastle have had a bid accepted for Marseille striker Loic Remy. Having sold Demba Ba to Chelsea, Newcastle can now afford Marseille's £10million asking price for Remy, 26. (Daily Mail)