With Fernando Torres and Samuel Eto'o managing just three league goals each so far this term, Chelsea were expected to launch a major effort to land a front man during the current transfer window in order to keep their title challenge on track.
But Mourinho has "100 per cent" denied that the club will be in the market for a striker in January.
"It’s not an option. We have three. A striker, 100 per cent no," Mourinho said in his Friday press conference.
"This squad is good enough for my first season, for the objectives of the first season and to prepare for the next season. We are happy with the squad we have.
"If we can improve the squad to prepare for the next season, we will.
"We know what we need for the future. We are preparing for the future but competing in the present. We are favourites for nothing, we just want to be favourites for the next game.
"As I was saying [after the match] at Southampton, the market is open but for us it’s almost closed."
Mourinho had been asked to comment on reports that the Blues had launched a £50 million bid for Napoli's Gonazlo Higuain, who worked with Mourinho at Real Madrid before leaving for the Serie A title contenders during the summer.
"No. He’s a player that I know I cannot get,” said Mourinho.
"He’s a player that moved from Real to Napoli six months ago. He’s doing very well, he’s adapting very well to Italy.
"Napoli is club that normally doesn’t sell. In the last years they sold one player per year, and [even] when they were feeling it was not possible to keep [Ezequiel] Lavezzi and [Edinson] Cavani, they don’t sell.
"They want to win the Scudetto, they want to win the Europa League. I don’t believe they are interested in selling Higuaín, so why should we be interested in somebody that we feel is impossible? Nothing is true about Gonzalo."
Mourinho also reiterated his comments at the weekend that the did not want Juan Mata to leave - and added that the player himself has not come to his office to discuss a transfer.
"No, and today he trained in a fantastic way, so I think he focused more in what I talked after the game at Southampton," he said.
"When I told him I don’t want him to leave, he was focused on that and not focused and not when I said the door is always open. When he focused on ‘I don’t want him to leave, I don’t want the club to sell him,’ he moved on.
"He was happy with the victory, so today he trained in a fantastic way. I keep saying that I want him to say.”
Mourinho did add that Kevin De Bruyne seems likely to go, with several clubs having been in contact.
"We know that Kevin didn’t adapt very well to the difficult life a Chelsea player has," he said.
"Kevin [was a] very important player for Genk, very important player for Werder Bremen, first time he comes to a club with big competition and fantastic players, but a bit difficult to adapt to this situation.
"So we know that he fancies a move, but he is a fantastic player, and they are very expensive, so if people think they can get our good players on sale... sales finished in London yesterday.
"I don’t want him to leave but we have a couple of contacts, made not by us, but made by other clubs. We have a couple of contacts.”
- Sports & Recreation