Jules Bianchi believes he now "deserves" a full-time Formula 1 race drive on the basis of his 2012 achievements in his Force India role and in Formula Renault 3.5.
Bianchi has driven in nine Friday practice sessions for Force India this year, as well as running for both the Silverstone squad and Ferrari in the young driver test at Magny-Cours.
He narrowly missed out on the FR3.5 title to Robins Frijns after a controversial collision in last month's Barcelona finale.
The 23-year-old Frenchman said it was the experience he had gained from the Force India reserve role that had been most beneficial.
"I learned a lot from this role and from driving in FP1," said Bianchi.
"Even if I'd driven before at the previous year's young driver test in Abu Dhabi and also at Jerez, it's not the same as driving during a race weekend, because you are under a lot more pressure.
"I feel I have grown up a lot with this experience and I am now ready to be a race driver in Formula 1. I hope I find an official seat for next year as this is definitely my dream."
He feels he has now done everything he can to prove himself to the F1 paddock.
"I feel I had a good season in World Series and did a good job with Force India as well, so I feel ready and think I deserve a seat in Formula 1," Bianchi said.
The Ferrari protege is among the contenders for Force India's second seat alongside Paul di Resta next season.