Biaggi, ART team-mate Eugene Laverty and Chaz Davies of ParkinGO MTC Racing Aprilia all passed the slowing Tom Sykes (Kawasaki) to complete a manufacturer’s one-two-three finish.
Sykes was forced to settle for fourth position ahead of FIXI Crescent Suzuki’s Leon Camier in fifth. Camier experienced technical difficulties on the starting grid but managed to avoid disaster and recover for a great final position.
Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport), meanwhile, saw his championship hopes take a hit when he crashed out of the race, as did Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team).
1. Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'52.751
2. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'55.778
3. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO MTC Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 38'55.878
4. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 39'05.057
5. Leon Camier (FIXI Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 39'06.882
6. Sylvain Guintoli (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 39'12.274
7. Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 39'19.768
8. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 39'25.867
9. Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 39'27.688
10. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 39'31.883