The second weekend of the new Premier League season began with the early Saturday kick-off, Aston Villa v Newcastle.
And we’re terribly sorry about that.
Here are some things we could (and should) have been doing instead of wasting 90 minutes on that match:
1) Watch Roy Keane ‘ice bucket challenge’ – or any ice bucket challenge for that matter, now the viral campaign has jumped the freezing-cold shark. But poor Keano appeared to have been affected worst by the game:
Surely he’d rather have taken another four dozen cold buckets of H20 than watch that again.
2) Search for ‘AVFC top league’ on Twitter – and read every result: https://twitter.com/search?q=avfc%20top%20league&src=typd
3) Compile a ‘greatest hits’ Word document of tweets from parody account ‘Boring James Milner’
5) Offer a 1000-word explanation as to why Arturo Vidal has not yet signed for Manchester United.
If Aston Villa against Newcastle is one of the first 3 games tonight it will be the worst MOTD in the show's 50 year history.
6) Spend the rest of the day listening to someone explain why ‘The Wire’ is must-see TV.
7) Watch a season review DVD of Sebastian Vettel’s 2013 Formula 1 championship victory.
8) Re-enact the game online on FIFA with an opponent who has promised to leave the room if anyone scores.
9) Watch the 2006 World Snooker Championship final between Peter Ebdon and Graeme Dott. In its entirety.
10) Work in data entry.
- Sports & Recreation
- Aston Villa