No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 6-4 – Radwanska into a 0-30 advantage courtesy of a double fault from Ivanovic. She then comes out on top in a rally to set up three quarter-final points. Ivanovic sees off the first with a decent pass but double faults to give Radwanska the game, set and match.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 5-4 – Radwanska’s defence again getting to Ivanovic who thrashes her racket against the floor having gone long to give Radwanska a 30-15 advantage. Radwanska rattles off the next two points to give her the chance of getting to a first quarter-final at Roland Garros.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 4-4 – Radwanska takes the advantage with some outrageous defence with a “hot dog” to take a 15-30 advantage but Ivanovic then replies with three unanswered points to level things up.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 4-3 – Ivanovic with a couple of great winners to set up an immediate break back opportunity which she takes as Radwanska goes long following a rally.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 4-2 – Ivanovic’s high-risk strategy of looking for the lines is paying intermittent dividends – when it works it is quite devastating but she is not finding those lines with the required consistency. She offers a break point at 30-40 that Radwanska takes courtesy of a long forehand.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 3-2 – Ivanovic with an unforced error to give Radwanska game point but she recovers with a lovely pass to bring the game to deuce. Radwanska’s strong first serve gives her the chance to see the game out, which she duly does.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 2-2 – A love game brings the second set level at 2-2.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 2-1 – It is all rather flat out there now and Ivanovic has another break back point but goes long. Radwanska gets to advantage and hits the line to take the third game of the second set.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 1-1 – A poor drop shot from Ivanovic gives Radwanska two break back points. Radwanska goes long with the first but Ivanovic’s sixth double fault levels things up.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 0-1 – Ivanovic has an early chance of a break and Radwanska’s serve lets her down as a tame second serve puts her on the back foot. She nets to relinquish the advantage of serving first in what could have been a deciding set as Ivanovic has an early break.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 – New balls in play but Ivanovic nets a presentable forehand before coming out on top of a baseline rally to level things up at 15-15. She double-faults to give Radwanska the initiative and she duly takes the set via two unforced errors.
- - RADWANSKA 5-2 – Radwanska gets to 30-0 with relative ease but hooks a forehand before Ivanovic passes her with a nice backhand to put some pressure on the Radwanska serve. Ace to get to game point that Radwanska takes with a decent pass down the line.
- - RADWANSKA 4-2 – Ivanovic utilising her serve to work Radwanska around the court to open up a 40-15 lead but she gets her timings wrong on a rudimentary forehand to net. Possibly unsettled, she then double faults for the third time in the match to bring the game to deuce. Radwanska goes long down the line before slicing wide after a rally to give Ivanovic her second game of the evening.
- - RADWANSKA 4-1 – Radwanska replies in kind and this set is getting away from Ivanovic.
- - RADWANSKA 3-1 - Ivanovic registers a game to stem the tide.
- - RADWANSKA 3-0 – Radwanska takes the next game pretty comfortably to open up a three-game advantage.
- - RADWANSKA 2-0 – A long, arduous game comes to an end with Radwanska taking a break.
- - RADWANSKA 1-0 – Underway on the Suzanne Lenglen court and the first game goes with serve. We’ll be staying with the men’s game and give break updates in the women’s.
|Date of Birth||06/03/1989|
|Date of Birth||06/11/1987|