Why February 5 is such a significant date
February 5, as it turns out, is a very special day on the modern football calendar. A large number of fans would instantly reply “yes, because it’s Cristiano Ronaldo’s birthday!”. And they’d be on the right tracks. But there’s more to this particular date than just Ballon d’Or winner CR7. In fact, no fewer than 14 known players across Europe are a year older today.
Over 20 professional footballers at a high level of the game share February 5 as a birthday, in total, so join us in wishing many happy returns to all of them! Here, in case you were wondering, are the 14 many fans stand a strong chance of at least having heard of – and Ronaldo finds himself in some star-studded birthday company. It's surely just a coincidence. Or is it?
- Tennis - Djokovic advances, Tsonga, Ward crash out Eurosport - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 01:30 EDT
- Champions League - Paper Round: Wenger takes dig at referee ahead … Eurosport - 8 hours ago
- Player dives, wins penalty, has change of heart and confesses … Early Doors - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 06:50 EDT
- ‘Old man’ Eto’o steals the show with play and comedy routine … Early Doors - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 12:18 EST
- Bundesliga - Gladbach sign new keeper, paves way for ter Stegen … Eurosport - 15 hours ago
- Tennis - Li, Federer win in Indian Wells, Nadal survives sca … Eurosport - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 03:18 EDT
- Tennis - Sharapova beaten by qualifier at Indian Wells Eurosport - 7 hours ago