Force India has yet to decide who will partner Paul di Resta this year, with reserve Bianchi vying with former driver Adrian Sutil for the opportunity.
Bianchi tested for Force India at Jerez on Friday and was second quickest behind Kimi Raikkonen.
The Frenchman admitted that there might have been doubts about his ability in his early Force India outings, but reckons performances such as at the Magny-Cours test last year and at Jerez should erase those.
"I think now they know me," he told AUTOSPORT.
"On Friday mornings in the free practice sessions I was not the best at first, it's true.
"After Magny-Cours I was a lot better. At Magny-Cours I showed the team that I was quick, and I did here again.
"So it's positive, but it's not in my hands. I just try to do the best when I drive the car and that's it."
Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley told AUTOSPORT last week that the squad had initially wanted to keep Bianchi in the reserve role for one more year before Nico Hulkenberg's departure to Sauber disrupted that plan.
But whatever Force India's previous intentions, Bianchi reckons he has proved he should be racing now, and hopes for some certainty before the second test at Barcelona.
"I do feel ready. I've had quite a bit of mileage in Formula 1 now and I feel ready to drive in a race," he said.
"So even if the plan was to stay a third driver for two years, now the plan has changed and I'm ready.
"I hope by Barcelona it will be decided who the second driver is."