The Omega Pharma-Quick-Step rider broke clear of the Peleton inside the final 10 kilometres as he battled Team Sky’s Ian Stannard to the finish line.
Stybar had started the final stage 8 seconds behind Team Argos-Shimano’s overall leader Tom Dumoulin. An incredible attack with 10km to go was enough to separate Stybar from the peleton and close in on Dumoulin’s time.
Dutch rider Dumoulin was forced to take overall second with Astana Pro Team’s Andriy Grivko claiming third.
1. Zdenek Stybar (Cze) Omega Pharma - Quick-Step 25:14:05"
2. Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Argos
3. Andriy Grivko (Ukr) Astana
4. Jan Bakelants (Bel) RadioShack
5. Daryl Impey (SAf) Orica
6. Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Omega Pharma - Quick-Step
7. Wilco Kelderman (Ned) Belkin
8. Pieter Weening (Ned) Orica
9. Maxim Iglinskiy (Kaz) Astana
10. Maxime Monfort (Bel) RadioShack