1) KAPOW! Reports that this corner flag raised Zlatan Ibrahimovic's ire by claiming the striker had no right winning a 2013 award for a goal he scored in 2012 are unfounded.
2) BEYOND REACH: And that's exactly what the top three are to United after Samuel Eto'o put them to the sword - including this peach of a goal.
3) LOWER LEAGUE GAMES ARE CALLED OFF FOR LESS: Arouca v Sporting Lisbon was a bit of a challenge for the participants.
4) ON THE SUBJECT OF CRAZY WEATHER... The Australian Open in Melbourne has had it all so far. We can only hope that this lightning bolt bought a ticket for that view.
5) SLOANE STEPHENS, THE ANIMATED SERIES: Action shots can generally be a pain for photographers. Except when they look as awesome as this.
6) SERVICE OVER: Enjoy this photo of Maria Sharapova for the time being - there won't be any in next week's gallery after she was knocked out Down Under.
7) SHADOW SURFER: Cole Clisby has a Facebook profile photo for life, taken during a tournament in California.
8) LONG AND WINDING PATH: Spain's Marc Coma rides his KTM motorcycle during the ninth stage of the Dakar Rally.
9) 'AWW, NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY WITH ME': You wouldn't want to see Andrey Karginov of Russia and his Kamaz Dakar truck making a beeline for the sandpit in your back garden.
10) THE GLOVES ARE OFF (AGAIN): Canadiens left wing Brandon Prust plays the role of windscreen to Toronto Maple Leafs right wing Troy Bodie's fly.
11) ONE WAY OF GETTING A FREE HAIRCUT: Veronica Grigorieva and Aritz Maestu of Spain perform at the ISU European Figure Skating Championships in Budapest.
12) WHY SKIING AT NIGHT IS AWESOME, PART 857: Sarka Strachova of the Czech Republic looks uber-cool at the World Cup Women's Slalom race in Flachau.