Sir Alex Ferguson was apparently "distraught" and unable to face the world's media after his 10-man Manchester United side lost 2-1 to Real Madrid in the Champions League last-16 at Old Trafford.
Much of the blame attached to the 3-2 aggregate defeat has been left at the door of Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir and his contentious decision to red card Nani for a high challenge on Alvaro Arbeloa with United leading 1-0 early in the second half.
Fergie has never been overly keen on speaking to the media, but is rarely lost for words when it comes to confronting match officials.
We are guessing Fergie won't be sitting down for peace talks with Cakir over a shisha pipe any time soon. His face has always turned redder than the United shirt when things don't go his way.
The Govan-born Scot once slaughtered his fabled European Cup Winners' Cup-winning Aberdeen side on live TV after they overcame Rangers 1-0 in the 1983 Scottish Cup final. Not much has changed in the past 30 years.
1. Fergie vents his feelings to a fourth official while Jose Mourinho wisely avoids the firing line.
2. He lets referee Matt Messias know where he is going wrong after a match at Bolton.
3. The Scot is either shouting at Arsene Wenger or the fourth official. Or both, back in 2004.
4. Another match, another official gets it in the neck from Fergie's verbals.
5. When you have to go, you have to go. He is sent off for swearing in Newcastle in 2004.
6. Who would be a ref when Fergie is around? Here he wants a word with Andre Marriner.
7. But the Fergie fury is not reserved for referees as Luis Boa Morte finds out.
8. The years haven't dulled Fergie's fire as another unsuspecting official discovers in 2011.
9. Fergie looks like he is going to take off during the 2011 Champions League final.
10. And is in danger of spontaneous human combustion when confronted by Roberto Mancini.
11. Fergie is led back to the United dugout like James Brown in concert minus the cape.
12. But you can't keep a good man down. Fergie gets his message across wherever he is sitting.
13. At least he can muster a smile now and again. Rabid hacks, referees or members of the English FA obviously weren't in these womble suits. Just a couple of big-time Charlies.